RESEARCH AND ACADEMICS
National Center for Rheumatic Diseases (NCRD) is a stand-alone center dedicated to the care of rheumatic patients. It also provides services related to Neurology, Dermatology, Nephrology, Orthopedics, Physiotherapy, Dietetics and Dentistry. In addition to providing clinical care for the patient, the center has also developed a strong department dedicated to research. The research department has been keeping systematic data on various rheumatic diseases, including the presentation, risk-factors, laboratory and clinical features and treatment outcomes.
Currently, NCRD is conducting five researches approved by Nepal Health Research Council (NHRC), the central governing body for monitoring medical researches in Nepal.
- Efficacy and safety of tapering dose of adalimumab in patients with Ankylosing Spondylitis
- National program for control of Rheumatic Diseases (Nat-CORD based epidemiological survey for musculoskeletal diseases in rural and urban areas in hilly and Terai region in Nepal.
- Long term treatment outcome in Rheumatoid Arthritis: a single center prospective study.
- Efficacy and tolerance of aceclofenac and diacerin combination for inflammatory osteoarthritis- A single center observational study.
- Long term outcome of undifferentiated arthritis: A prospective cohort study.
Also, few researches conducted at NCRD are published and few are under process of publication in different national and international journals.
- Early Undifferentiated Arthritis: A Developing Country Perspective from Nepal. Journal of Nepal Medical Association. 2018
- Sustained Drug Free Remission of Lupus Panniculitis with Methotrexate: A Case Report From Nepal. Journal of Nepal Medical Association. 2018
- Synovial fluid uric acid level aids diagnosis of gout. Biomedical Reports 2018
- Efficacy of high dose vitamin D supplementation in improving serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D among laboratory personnel working at the Nepal National Center for Rheumatic Diseases. Biomedical Reports. 2017
- Latitude gradient influences the age of onset of rheumatoid arthritis: a worldwide survey. Clinical Rheumatology. 2017
- Inflammatory variant of pachydermoperiostosis responding to methotrexate: A report of two cases. Oxford Medical Case Reports. Accepted for publication 2019
- Changes in Urinary Microalbumin Levels after Correction of Hyperuricemia in Patients with Gout: An Observational Cohort Study : 2020
- Efficacy of Vitamin E in Methotrexate-Induced Hepatotoxicity in Rheumatoid Arthritis: An Open-Label Case-Control Study :2020
- Translation, Cross-Cultural Adaptation And Validation Of Nepali Version Of Health Assessment Questionnaire-Disability Index In Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients From Nepal. : 2019
- Translation, validation and cross-cultural adaptation of the Nepali version of WOMAC® LK 3.1. : 2019
- Simultaneous Adalimumab and Antitubercular Treatment for Latent Tubercular Infection: An Experience from Nepal: 2019
- Vitamin D in Rheumatic Diseases: Interpretation and Significance : 2019
- A Simplified Understanding of the Black Swan: Anti-phospholipid Antibody Syndrome :2019
- Prevalence and pattern of dyslipidemias in patients with active rheumatic diseases :2018
- Nailfold capillaroscopic findings in patients with Raynaud’s phenomenon: Preliminary report : 2015
UNDER REVIEW RESEARCHES
- Knowledge, Attitude and Practice towards COVIOD-19 among Patients with Musculoskeletal and Rheumatic Diseases in Nepal: A Web- based Cross-Sectional Study
- Study of metabolic parameters in gout: A single center study.
- Clinicodemographic profile of patients with undifferentiated arthritis.
- Study of anthropometric parameters in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: THESIS of Ms. Prajwola Prajapati
- Socio-economic Determinants for Acceptance and Choice of Biological Treatment by Patients with Spondyloarthropathy in Nepal
- Clinico-demographic Features and Risk Factors for Osteoarthritis in Nepalese Patients: A Cross-sectional Study
- Late Onset Dipeptidyl Peptidase (DPP)-4 Inhibitor Induced Seronegative Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Case Report from Nepal
- Knowledge, Attitude and Practice Regarding Diagnosis and Management of Gout among Clinicians: A Report from Web-Based Survey.
- Study Of Agreement Between Line Immunoassay And Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay For Detection Of Anti-Dsdna Antibodies
- Effect of intermittent calorie restriction in BMI
- Clinical profile of Psoriatic arthritis patients.
- Clinical use and findings of musculoskeletal ultrasound.
- Diagnosis of Latent Tubercular infection
In addition, NCRD is also conducting community-based surveys related to the risk-factors, diagnosis and treatment of various rheumatic conditions. We at NCRD can accommodate students from Bachelor in Public Health (BPH) and Bachelor in Pharmacy (B Pharm) interested in conducting clinical thesis as a part of their curriculum.